Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Filing Papers and Donations

2/4/2020

I have, in bits and pieces of my time, been filing in Jeff's office. Obviously, that end of the year stuff, but today, I'm going to shred all of the paid bills. I mean, how do you really need to save a utility bill? If, you missed paying a company, trust me, they'd be in touch. So, I wonder why, for all these years, I keep them. With the exception of papers that involve either of the two companies - 4A computing, and Jeffco (the plane), everything else is going to be "outta here"! Downside? I have to shred any papers that have our name,  address. etc. Basically, anything that could identify us. I remember fondly the days ago, when you could just toss all your unneeded documents in the trash. Obviously, those days are long gone - pity.

After applying myself to the job, I have bagged or boxed the clothes, etc., that I want to donate. Since Benjamin is going to be 12 in April, I have boxed up some of his "younger self" toys. I am keeping the very nice foam blocks that we bought him, as well as his tiny little chair. All I have to do now, is schedule a pick-up, and identify each box, etc., with the name Purple Heart. It is, on one hand, very satisfying getting rid of stuff. I mean, how long are you going to keep books that have been read? As a huge book reader, I simply cannot put books in with the trash. There must be somebody out there, who might want my books. 

Occasionally, when I buy a used book from Amazon (is there anybody else?), a piece of paper falls out. In one book, there was a woman's name and address. So tempted to send her a note letting her know I now have her book. Kind of like a message in a bottle.

Between watching our regular shows last night, we occasionally would skip over to CNN to see how the voting was going. Okay, checked in, now back to our regularly scheduled television shows. For me, I can only watch "talking heads" for a limited time. After all, it seems as if, and I know they are, saying the same things over and over. And, now I see in today's paper that there is some controversy over the ballots. 

Due to “inconsistencies” with the app used to record and relay the votes, there are no Democratic results yet from the Iowa caucuses, which left voters confused. The candidates are already moving on to their next battleground, New Hampshire. And, that's all I have to say about politics.


Today, is: thank your mailman day, and create a vacuum day (whatever that means). 

Have a happy day. Our weather is gloomy and gray. It's not cold, merely dreary.

P

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...