Friday, February 28, 2020

New Stove

2/27/2020

Here I am, wrapping up my week. For the moment, I've decided to not blog on the weekends, unless, I've found something really special to blog about.

Yesterday, our new microwave/oven arrived. Costco put it in the kitchen for us, and then left. The box was situated in such a way, that Daisy couldn't/wouldn't even come in the kitchen. Eventually, she mastered her fears, and she literally ran through the small space into the basement.

Jeff was able to remove the little microwave, that we were using temporarily. This weekend, it will be returned to the basement, hopefully never to be used again.

Scott and Wendy came over, and Scott was able to help Jeff get the new unit on the ground, and then started on the install. This new unit is beautiful. The inside of both the microwave and oven are deep blue - very pretty. The installation took more than a few minutes. Jeff and I were so glad that Scott was there to help him/us.

After everything was finished with the new appliance, we went to our favorite restaurant. They serve Mexican and Salvadoran food. Off and on for many years, Scott, Computer Ken and Jeff and I went there faithfully on Thursday. Since the men wanted to talk about all things computer, I normally brought along a book. That might sound rude, but there was definitely nothing I could add to their conversation.

Last night, Wendy was there, so I had somebody to talk to. This was very nice. Keeping with my current "diet" program, I didn't eat of the chips, which I love. I ate half of the steak quesadillas I ordered. I'm going to have a great leftover lunch today. Truthfully I was saving myself for dessert - tres leches cake. I think I spelt that right. So, by keeping my calorie count low, I felt I deserved dessert.  And, pretty much like a piggy, I shared my dessert with nobody. I did ask Jeff if he wanted a bite, he said no because his body really can't deal with too much sugar. Unfortunately, for me, my body not only can digest sugar, but my day is never complete without some kind of dessert. That's how I roll!

Training this afternoon, and then our schedule is free for the weekend. And, in a matter of days, March will arrive. Seems to me, that this year is moving really fast.

Off to get myself dressed (I know TMI), and start my day.

Have a wonderful weekend.

P






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...