Thursday, February 13, 2020

Happy Valentine

2/13/2020

Tomorrow, and I know that everybody already knows this - but it's Valentines Day. For late shoppers, if you go to the store today, you can probably get a sale price on cards, gifts, etc. 

Once a holiday is over, or almost over, the stores want to get as much of their "special" inventory out of the way. And, that's where you the shopper comes in. If, you're buying flowers, probably need to go to the store or florist tomorrow for fresh flowers.

As much as I would love to have candy, it's not really on my diet. And, I have a super hard time, saying no to anything sweet. It's just who I am.

Jeff, my best friend, protector, and someone who can open up jars! gave me a lovely card today. I want to be a better person for him, but even with my best efforts, tend to come up short (at least that's my opinion). I really, for the most part, don't remember watching a television show, even though I watched it just one day ago! 

It's been 7 years since my first "incident". And even with many ECT treatments, fear that the memory (or lack thereof) I have today, is the memory I'm sure, I will have to my very last day. Bummer. I do crossword puzzles every day, and am only slightly successful. Jigsaw puzzles, as well as books with word search, haven't so far made a difference, as far as my mind is concerned.

Jeff is, and has been, supportive of the mental missing links, I have. Unfortunately, for him, I repeat the same questions over and over again - I really can't remember his answers. You don't have to be a rocket science to know, that this behavior can be annoying. And, I wish I could do better.

So a special Valentine Day message to Jeff. Our vows, like most people, was for better or worse.  Sadly, I believe that, at this point in time, Jeff is getting the worst part of that vow.

Here's to my best friend, who has never let me down, tries patiently to deal with the things that I can't remember. Which, to be sure, are many things.

Thank you Jeff for always taking good care of me, in the past and definitely doing so now. My father was right in 1974, when he told me that you were a good man, just before I went down the aisle.

Happy Valentine's Day Jeff. Love you.

Image result for picture of valentine hearts



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...