Monday, February 17, 2020

His and Her Television

2/17/2020

In the spirit of generosity, I recorded the Daytona race, for Jeff to watch yesterday. In return, I recorded American Idol. I did watch the entire race, but I could have done without the commenters pretty much all the time. I think of these people, as "talking heads". But, they have a job to do, and to be fair, they do it well.

I recorded American Idol last night, and watched it this morning. Jeff was eating breakfast, so he watched a few minutes, before he headed upstairs to work. Unlike the auditions in the past, only 2 contestants (I think that's how many) didn't get the golden ticket. It's thrilling to be going to Hollywood, but once the auditions are over, then the real work begins. Group singing, which is something that everybody can do. Solo singing, and some people won't make the grade. And, I know that not going further in the battle to become the next American Idol, would be disappointing. I don't sing, not in the shower, not in the car, not ever. When I was a teenager and we were singing Christmas carols, I sang along with the family, and the Christmas tree fell over. Blame was quickly assigned, and I was the "winner"! If I'm somewhere where you are expected to sing, I silently sing the words, nothing out loud. Not too paranoid I swear.

I'm late today, because some kind of glitch in our network system. At least it wasn't my fault. There are really only two things that I want working in the house: my television and my computer. I am the mother of two sons, and one husband, all of whom are "geeks". I don't know whether the television or the computer is the most important. And, I don't want to take sides!

Jeff and Bella went to the store yesterday, and you know that means Costco and Walmart. Occasionally, we will go to another grocery store, but that's rare. I don't always go, because Jeff is a shopper and I'm a looker. I want to browse leisurely in the clothes section, for sure, but other sections, like organizing bins, etc., are also favorites of mine. Jeff wants to get in and out - me - not so much.

The weather today is sunny, and no rain. We've had a lot of rain recently, and all of us are tired of it. Unlike snow, which really doesn't make you feel wet, rain, on the other hand, can soak through your clothes.

Because I know you care, today is: national random acts of kindness and national cabbage day (uck).

Have a great day, and I'll chat with you tomorrow.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...