Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Yesterday's Blog

2/19/2020

I had such a great (in my opinion) blog yesterday. It was all about the Bermuda Triangle. I had even done some research on that subject, statistics and all. Then right at the very end, instead of publishing this wonderful writing, hit the wrong button and the blog disappeared. Perhaps, it went into a computer version of the Bermuda Triangle. Anyway, I was super bummed, that I had lost everything. 

I was watching "The Bachelor" this morning while I ate my breakfast. This episode was about the bachelor meeting the ladies' homes. Some of the visits seemed to go well, and others not so much. It's generally the fathers who appear to be more reluctant. I think it's harder for fathers to "give away" if you will, their daughters. Fathers and daughters, at least in my case, had a special bond.

Statistics: "The Bachelor" has been airing for 23 seasons now since 2002, and only two couples from the show are still together. Out of the 15 seasons of "The Bachelorette" since 2003, six of the couples are still together. Not very good odds I'm thinking. But, Jeff and I met on a blind date (thanks Dad), in May of 1974, and were married in September of 1974. This September we will have been together for 46 years. A pretty good track record, by today's standards.  We have been together a really long time. As, I have progressed slowly (nothing to cheer about) into a world of things I can't remember, fidget with things that were better off alone (because I normally get things all "f____d" up. And, then Jeff (and I'm so sorry) has to come and fix these broken things. I'll start to watch a television show with Jeff, and then he reminds me that we watched that show yesterday. Really? And, believe me, written notes don't work, because I can't remember where I put the notes. Basically, it's not easy living with me now, because Jeff has become in charge of me, most of the time. He doesn't complain, but I beat myself up, that I am not making little or no progress getting my brain to work better.

I strongly believe that Jeff has gotten the worse part of our wedding vows. And, I really would like to do better, mentally, but since all of this nonsense that happened in 2013, has left me the way I am. I feel it's not likely that I will get up one day, and announce to the world that I'm better!

I haven't driven since I backed into a building, a few years ago. I want to drive again. Nothing far from home: salon, library, personal training, etc. I'm pretty sure that I will never drive on the interstate again. And, that's fine with me.

Finishing up now. And, I'm going to concentrate on the right "button" on the keyboard, so that I can publish this blog.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...