Thursday, February 6, 2020

The Bachelor

2/6/2020

This morning, I was able to see two episodes of "The Bachelor". What a way to start off a day!

The weather is drab and rainy. The predication of weather calls for rain, and then more rain. Don't worry, I have my "SAD" light on. I use it every day, but for sure, need it today.

Oh, back to the Bachelor. I am able to get distracted so easily. One website, says that 70-80% of the show is loosely scripted. While I watch the show - and I never miss a season, I am fully aware that this is after all a "reality" show. 

Some other things to know about this show, is that the contestants get between $7K to $15K per season. And, the season is only 12 weeks long. While all the contestants have to take time off from their real jobs (and I assume that's what they do). If you do the math, and I did, with the help of a calculator, The pay can range between $84,00.00 to $180,000. Obviously, I am sure that everybody wants to be paid the higher amount. 

And, the ring. Most expensive ring a 3.5 carat ring valued at $150,000. In the 2002 season, the ring was valued at $29,000. This relationship didn't work, and no surprise most of them don't, was sold on Ebay for $28,000.

Once the cameras are turned off, and each couple returns to the "real" world, that's when true reality begins. One couple, have been married for 15 years, but that is the exception. The question is: will the present "winners" be able to stay together and/or get married. Don't know, we'll have to wait and see! Obviously, I watch this show and all my cooking shows, when Jeff is working in his office.

Before I leave, the "holiday" for today is "national frozen yogurt day". Does ice cream count?

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...