Thursday, July 16, 2020

Cereal

7/16/2020

I've decided that there is so much bad news out there in the world, that I decided (took a vote and I won!), that I would blog about something very different.

Jeff made oatmeal for breakfast this morning. And, with the right amount of "additions", such as both brown and white sugar, it was yummy. This oatmeal is made from Steel Cut Oats, which is made from the groat of the grain. Are you impressed yet? Let's put it this way, once you've eaten your cereal, you won't need to eat until the next day! Kidding, but it definitely sticks to your ribs. When the boys were having a test day, oatmeal was always on the menu. 

You know me. A little research never hurt anyone. The research shows that in 800 BC in India. These oats contain 7 grams of protein in just 1/4 cup of cereal! And, I promise you that you will definitely be full. This is a good thing. No more snacking on pop tarts, etc., in the morning. Of course, later in the afternoon  all bets are off.

My father had a bowl of "Smacks" as he called them, every night. Following in his footsteps, I also have "smacks" in the evening as well. Not actually following in his footsteps, but they're just tasty, and even better if you add a banana! I'm a bit fussy about bananas. They can't be green, or overripe. I pick out, as does Jeff, the near perfect "nanas" for eating. I'm not exactly high maintenance, but have a very strong opinion about my favorite fruit.

When I was staying at Andrew's house, I introduced Benjamin into the world of "frosties". He was reluctant at first, but then I reminded him, that MomMom (me) never eats what I call "ca ca food". Of course, this isn't really a word, but you get the idea. With his first bowl of frosties, he decided that they were very good. I reminded him that I would never, for instance, ask him to eat brussel sprouts. Why? Simply because I don't eat them. No other explanation is needed.

In the cereal aisle, which I generally avoid, there are all manner of cereals, with names like "Captain Crunch", "Fruit Loops", etc. These cereals, aimed at children, taste good, and unfortunately high in sugar, which let's face it, children like. Notice in the picture, butter is added, which is something that both Jeff and I put in our bowl. You know, that everything tastes better with butter!

Jeff loves granola cereal. Granola reminds me of eating hay. Mind you, I have never eaten hay, so the taste is all in my head.  And, we know that I don't have any extra room upstairs!
You have probably eaten breakfast today, but perhaps you could eat oatmeal tomorrow. Brain Food for sure.

Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats {gluten-free} - Allergy Free Alaska

Please stay safe everyone - and don't forget your mask.

! Wearing a Mask Social Story — PAAutism.org, an ASERT Autism ...

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...