Thursday, July 9, 2020

Used Books

7/11/2020

I started a neighborhood book donation a few months ago. My reward? Books, lots of books. To say I'm in heaven would be under-stating my happiness in having lots of books to read! I now have to store books just about anywhere I can find space! What a problem!

When I was in the hospital, books, as always, were very good company for me. It's a good thing I was going home, because I read almost all of the books available, that I was interested in. A patient wanted to know how many books I had read while in the hospital. I told him too many to count!

And, in these used books, I found treasures. It is amazing what people leave in books they are going to give away or donate. Me personally, before I give a book away, I fan the book, making sure that I didn't accidentally leave any personal (seat assignments, date of a flight, love note, etc.). In the books I have been given, I found all of these things.

In particular, Ms. "x" flew to England (no name, I'm protecting the innocent).😉 I have her ticket number as well as her seat assignment. Now, it's true that this information is of no use to me. But still, why would you leave this information in a book. I have no earthly idea. And, the love note was a bit interesting as well. I guess the note didn't wasn't important enough to save. Sad.


I like to protect my privacy, and the little you know about me, is a good thing. Even my license plate "CUZILU" provides no information about me. By the way, that name is on my car - it stands for Cuz I love you. And, that plate goes with any car that we purchase. It's too good of a plate, to leave it behind! For all I know, a driver behind me, might think my name is Cousin Lou, or something else like that.

Between reading, and working on Christmas presents (obviously can't say more about that), I have lots of ways to keep me busy. Working on being relaxed, that's not going so well. I should probably do some meditation, so I can zone out. Frankly, I'm like a two dollar watch, who has been wound up. I hope that makes sense.

My doctor tells me that I should focus on the positive. I know I have many things that are positive in my life. But, somehow, no matter how hard I try, I keep focusing on the negatives. 

A holiday, that has come and gone. In March, it was National Book Day, And, you know as well as I do, that a day devoted to books, would not have much of a following, except for a Biblichor like me. This word describes the particular smell that belongs to old books. 
Sometimes in the past, I have bought books because they look and smell old. The title of these books doesn't matter, I'm not going to read them, I just collect them.

“Biblichor is the word that describes the particular smell that belongs to old books. While this is a word, not used by many people, it describes me to a "T". Sometimes, when we go to an antique store, for example, I always head to the book section. I never know what I'll find there. All I know, is that any book I buy, is a treasure for me.

Have a great day.

P




 

1 comment:

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...