Friday, July 10, 2020

Pandemic and Masks

7/10/2020

As far as I'm concerned, and I'm sure all of you as well, would (wishful thinking on my part) like to return to our "normal" lives.

When I was in the hospital, you had to wear a mask anytime you left your room. And, sometimes other patients, such as myself, would leave the room, and be gently "reminded" that I didn't have my mask on.

Obviously, if you're home, you don't have to wear one. For that reason alone, it's easier to just stay put. Some people, who are not a recluse like me, find it hard, if not difficult, to stay home. Here at home, I have television to watch, books to read, and Christmas presents to make. If, I become bored, then it does become a huge problem for me. Truth is, I like my own company, and have ever since I retired a few years ago.

When all of this nonsense started, Jeff and I didn't own a thermometer. Knowing that we should have one, we ultimately found one that sort of points to your forehead. Will we ever use it, doesn't seem likely? But, just knowing that we have one more thing in our bag of tricks, certainly makes feel better.

You can buy masks pretty much everywhere. Amazon, Etsy are just two sites to go to. Regular people make them as well. I have been tempted when wearing one of those blue masks, to decorate it. You know, with baubles, beads, and even making a funny face from markers. The problem is that if I were to try and draw something on a mask, it would probably come out as a sneer - and that wouldn't be good.

Will we be mask free in 2021? Let's keep our fingers crossed. For now, be safe. Stay home, or wear a mask when you're outside. If everybody would wear a mask, perhaps the number of cases, and deaths would start to go down. This picture of the virus, reminds me of a pin cushion, or a very odd game of darts.

Coronavirus

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...