Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Current Living

7/16/2020

The virus or pandemic that has ravaged the world, since February, is unfortunately taking over us by storm.

When I think about it, I wonder if there's a silver lining in all of this? I really don't think so. It reminds me of a saying that goes pretty much like this: if you see a pile of horse shit, there must be a pony in there somewhere. I think we're all sifting through the present day shit (there is no other word), looking not for a horse, but perhaps a rainbow. Or a vaccine.

Jeff and I venture out generally once a week. We go to Costco and WalMart. Since our pantry, and the freezer in the basement, are pretty much full, this weekend we bought very few food items. The joke among the family is, that if they run out of food - no need to go to the store - just go to Mom's house! I think Jeff and I have trouble reminding ourselves that the boys no longer live with us. Hence, the need to buy less. This is difficult, and even hard for us to deal with. At one point, when the boys were teenagers, we actually had milk delivered to the house! I wonder if the dairy still does that? While I would like to "shop", Jeff says, and he's right, we're there to buy only. Logically, I understand, BUT as a woman, love to browse. Frankly, it's part of our DNA!

We did venture out to Andrew's house last weekend. We were finally able to hug Benjamin, Stacey and even grumpy Andrew. We ate dinner outside on their porch/deck, and it was wonderful. Stacey has put a lot of work into their yard, and her effort has certainly paid off. Stacey has planted multiple vegetables in her garden. Unfortunately, deer also like her garden! I did some research this morning (of course I did), and sent her a list of flowers, plants, etc., that deer don't seem to like. 

Stacey, cut my hair, for which I was very grateful. I did have my hair uber (spelling) short just before everything was shut down. Before getting it cut by Stacey, again uber short, I was contemplating letting Jeff use the dog clippers on my hair! It's not like I'm out in the public on a daily basis, and frankly, when shopping at WalMart, I don't give a damn. Believe me, my hair cut doesn't even begin to compare with other people see in the store. While it's painful (thank you lefthip), I refuse to ride in those carts, that make that obnoxious beep-beep noise, when you're backing up. Reminds me of a delivery truck. Oh, and not to mention how much people stare at you. At least, unlike most people, my body doesn't hang over the edge of the seat. I might be a little "vain" in that regard, ya think.

I could go on and on, but the clock tells me that it's time to move, and actually get "something" done. Laundry comes to mind, which I find super boring. The loading clothes in the washer is okay. It's the folding and putting away clothes, that I find tedious! 

Have a great day everyone. And, more importantly stay safe.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...