Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Device Settings

7/22/2020

Have you ever given much notice of settings on, let's say a toaster for example. This morning I was going to toast a bagel. Since I don't see very well without my reading glasses, I literally had to scrunch down to read the buttons. Okay, as usual, I thought about putting a bagel in the toaster, but not select the bagel button. Would the toaster still toast the bagel, even though you selected nothing? After burning up a microwave earlier this year (but the new one is very nice), I believe I should handle kitchen equipment very carefully, and Jeff concurs. 

Then there is the washing machine. Our washer and dryer are getting up in years, but still able to do their jobs. My washer is a top load kind, and I like it because I can open up the lid to put additional clothes inside. Obviously, if you have a front load washer, it might get messy if you open the door mid-cycle to put something inside. Our laundry room is a bit on the small size, so these new behemoths of the current machines, would likely prove a challenge space wise.

With a few exceptions, I always use cold water, and a rather short washing time. Even on an older machine, they are actual settings. I ignore all of the other settings, like "delicate", for example. For the dryer, I use the same setting for pretty much everything. In actuality,all you really wanted is for your clothes to be dried.

When I was working, I did pay more attention to my "work" clothes. Once the dryer was done, I was quick with hangers. But, Jeff and I now live in a world of casual cotton clothes. A few wrinkles no longer matter much. Particularly, during the pandemic. 

We go out once a week, otherwise we're at home. When I get fussy about being in the house all the time, he reminds me that there is a boggy (sp) man outside. And, Jeff is really concerned about my not getting sick. While I fight being stuck inside the house, I do understand the need to protect myself.

So, the next time you start to operate some of your household devices, remember how hard they work for you.

Stay safe and wear a mask!


Laundry Service Cartoon Mascot With Coins by doomko | GraphicRiver
 P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...