Monday, July 20, 2020

Communication

7/20/2020

Communication is powerful. And, it's good way to get a conversation going with your friend, husband, etc. Unfortunately, some people, myself included, don't always communicate calmly. This, of course, can lead to raised voices, or pouting (me). 

Women think differently. You know the book, "Mars v. Venus". What seems logical in my mind, doesn't always mesh with the way Jeff is thinking. This is where calm voices should prevail. And, that doesn't always happen.

I love ice cream, and Jeff after 46 years knows this. So, when we're in the car, why can't I just say, I want some ice cream. Jeff would, of course, buy me ice cream. He knows that both Bella (she's a cone hog) and I love ice cream. I don't need "fancy" ice cream, but enjoy other flavors besides vanilla.

Sometimes, and this isn't fair, I will want ice cream, but don't ask Jeff to stop. He drives past, McDonald's, for instance. I foolishly think I'm sending him mental signals to stop. And, when he drives by, I'm disappointed, but say nothing. 

What is it about women, or more particularly, me, that just can't seem to speak up. Normally, when we are shopping at WalMart (is there any other store?), we go right past McDonald's. By now, Jeff always asks if I want an ice cream cone, he also knows what the answer will be - of course I want ice cream. Who doesn't enjoy ice cream?

Jeff and I had two different kinds of bariatric  (sp) surgery. For Jeff, some amount of sugar makes him sick. My surgery, fortunately or unfortunately, depends on how you look at it, let's me enjoy sugar. Sugar tends to be my downfall. I believe every day should have some kind of dessert. That's just how I roll. I could, of course, see a hypnotist to block my sugar passion. 

Since I started dieting last November, I keep a close eye on my weight. I have a new scale, that after you get your weight, will show either a green (good) or red (bad) number. I'm now a fanatic, and weigh twice a day. I have a very small window of my weight that is acceptable for me. 

I could go out and exercise. But, I always have reasons that I can't. It's too cold, it's too hot, it's raining, etc. What really stops me, is my body. The left hip and right foot are not my friends, and so it doesn't take much walking, before both of these "pains", makes me needing/wanting to stop. 

"National Holidays" today: 

National Get Out of the Doghouse Day and
National Lollipop Day.

Please everyone stay safe, and wear a mask when you go out.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...