Thursday, September 24, 2020

Calories Really Do Count

 9/24/2020

All of us know, and sometimes in the back of our heads, that calories count. How many calories in this or that food item, add up quickly. And, more quickly than you might realize.

I am seeing the plastic surgeon again today. Yes, this old body could use some general clean-up. This might catch you off guard, but I want some work done on my body. I'm not looping for a bigger bottom, or boobs. Injections for lips, also out of the question.

In the three weeks since I saw the surgeon, she wanted to see how much weight I could lose in that period of time. I'm afraid, even with best efforts, I've only managed to move the scale to the left - a measly 4 pounds.

Now, here's what I've done, and believe me it's an eye opener. I have created a document, that for each day, I record what I've eaten and how many calories are in food. And, I was surprised.

I can now see in black and white, that there are 700 calories two slices of pizza. Obviously, the fix is to eat only one slice. An English Muffin, which I had this morning has 300 calories. Perhaps, I should have eaten only one muffin, but they are so good. Bagels have 300 calories. But, there are just some food that I feel I have to have. My breakfast, for all the years I can remember, revolved around a cup of coffee, and some kind of bread: toast, bagels, muffins. You get the idea.

After looking at the calories each day, I now know what I'm actually consuming at each meal. When Jeff and I went grocery shopping last weekend, he would tell me the calorie count of this or that item. I nixed most of the items, when he told me the calorie count.

I hope the doctor, will be happy with both my diligence, as well as my resolve to eat foods with fewer calories. I have to tell you that when I saw how easily the calories added up each day. I was having a "ah" moment. 

Due to some parts of my body wearing out, real exercise is not part of my routine. I work with a personal trainer twice a week. We concentrate more with increasing strength, rather than big biceps!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, that the surgeon will be happy that I've worked so hard, to lower my weight - even if it's just four pounds! It took me all of the three weeks, to lose those pounds.

I hope wherever you are, that you are safe, and everybody is wearing masks (and I personally hate them).

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...