Monday, September 14, 2020

Trees, bushes and calorie counting

 9/14/2020

Yesterday, Jeff, Bella (who always goes) and myself went to Jeff's two places to shop. And, of course you know what those two stores are: Costco and WalMart. I can only walk one store, so I prefer WalMart. Actually, in truth, I'd really rather go to a Target, Michael's, or other stores like that.

Yesterday, was my third appointment with a personal trainer. My goals are to be able to stay on my feet, which has become somewhat of a problem this month. And, he adds strength exercises too. The things he has me do, are not hard particularly, but when you are starting from zero, then there's a lot of room for improvement!

When I saw a plastic surgeon a week or so ago, she told me to try and lose some weight before see her later this month.

People, I have written down everything I've eaten so far. On my first day of returning to the counting calorie flock, I ate approximately 1,110 calories. My breakfast is always the same: some kind of bread, bagel or muffin. A bagel has 300 calories, and as a perk, the bagel also has 12 grams of protein! But, here's what I now know - two pieces of pizza simply have to many calories to eat two pieces.

But, the downer of writing down calories as well as protein numbers, is that my weight is really not going down. And, more depressing, my weight seems to fluctuate, and the number on the scale is depressing. For sure, it's hard to count calories for everything. How much does one little chocolate piece of candy have calorie wise. I really don't know. But, since I have a horrific sugar need (actually, I think that's more of a want), perhaps I actually don't care to know.

Yesterday, I bagged up all the chocolate candy in our freezer in the kitchen, and then took them to the big freezer in the basement. My logic is if I can't see any candy in the kitchen, my chocolate craving will never be strong enough for me to go down into the basement, partly because I don't like being down there.

Here's what I do know: the pants that I was wearing yesterday, are going to be washed and donated. There's big and and then there's really too big. Some lucky person, will be receiving some very nice pieces of clothing, including a complete suit, when my donations arrive at the other end. For both my health and ego, I just have to stick with a number that will never again show up on my scale. 

Yesterday, was training, and today is "shrink" day. Even though it's on Zoom, I don't like that very much. But, I do get to talk to Dr. H and tell her how things went the past week. 

Time to think about doing some sprucing up in the backyard. Other than the cypress trees, we have only have one or two bushes in the yard. Once the trees come down, we obviously have (my word not Jeff's) to plant something in the blank space.

In my mind, and we know it's a shallow one, perhaps I could put holly bushes around in the yard. As a plus, they grow quickly.

If I do happen to go into the backyard, there's nothing to sit on, and nothing to see. If you want to look over into my backyard, all you'll see is grass. Based on my physical disabilities, "playing" in the dirt is very hard on me. Hence, my reluctance to trim the bushes in the front yard. Or, pull up some weeds in the back, between the two air conditioners. And, after breaking my shoulder once while I pulled up weeds, definitely gives me pause about doing any additional yard grooming!

Jeff and and I, feel very sorry for the firemen who are trying to put out multiple fires. And, our hearts definitely go out to all the people who have lost their home to the fires.

Quote for the day "when attending meetings, sit down front".

Take care everyone, and wear your masks. Jeff and I do wear masks in public, but we don't like them. I'm having trouble believing that in the future, a day might come, when we can go without masks! But, still keeping my fingers crossed. Be safe everyone.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...