Saturday, September 19, 2020

RBG

 9/19/2020

Last night, while watching television and "hooking" as well, Jeff came down to tell me that RGB had died.

Few of us normal people, had never met her. But, announcing her death, took all of us by surprise. Oh, we all knew that she was old, and had cancer in her body. However, knowing all of this, I guess we all thought she would live together. 

She worked out with a personal trainer who I believe, kept her strong and flexible for years. I do personal training twice a week now, but I know in my heart, that she could probably run further and faster than I could. So much for being in shape, at my age.

As RBG got older, she began to stoop a little when she was walking, and occasionally would fall asleep at State of the Union Address. If, I can fall asleep during a baseball game, then I completely understand nodding off.


Ginsburg had a collection of lace jabots from around the world. She had a particular jabot she wore when issuing her dissents (black with gold embroidery and faceted stones). And, another one she wore when issuing majority opinions (crocheted yellow and cream with crystals), which was a gift from her law clerks. Her favorite jabot (woven with white beads) was from Cape Town, South Africa.

Ginsburg was a rule changer. Instead of wearing the traditional black robe, she opted to wearing a robe d'avocat. There is a difference between a generic black robe, and the French one. Since the description of the robe in question is written in French, I am unable to find an answer in English. 

RBG had two children: a boy and a girl and 4 grandchildren. It goes without saying, that I suspect that she was a good mother, as well as being a great Grandmother.

Here's also what I know. The crowds started gathering in front of the Supreme Court building. Remember, there was probably not one person standing there, that actually knew her personally. But, in times of grief, the loss of somebody, who was bigger than life, was and will continue to be someone that all of us wished we knew.

I asked Jeff last night, if he thought that RBG would lay in state. We don't know, at this moment, whether she will. I believe, that somebody who gave so much of herself, deserves this honor. We'll just have to wait and see as the following days unfold.

Blessings for you RBG. You will not be forgotten.


P

 

 President Obama Delivers State Of The Union Address

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...