Wednesday, September 30, 2020

It's Not Policatal

 9/30/2020

I will start with, my getting out the sutures, that were put in place last week. At this point, having sutures on my face, I could go out on Halloween, as Mrs. Frankenstein. Kidding, but with a portion of my face sewed up, well you get the idea.

And, discussion for today, has to be last night's debate. You know I don't discuss politics on my bogs, and I wouldn't bring this subject up. But, last night's debate performance, was so unusual, that I actually stayed awake through the whole debate! 

I don't know about you, but I thought, and this is just my opinion, so no hate mail please. It could go down in history, or perhaps will, to bemost unpredictable. And, that's saying a lot.

The over talking of each candidate, made for a frustrating even for his wee little people. Anybody, running for office, especially running for the Presidency, promise a lot. And, unfortunately, generally accomplish nothing.'s I won't put the blame entirely on a President. Sometimes, the two houses, which don't always agree (understatement) lock down on any particular proposed action. This is sad, because the only ones that really get hurt, is us guys.

I watched one loop of the news today, and then I turned the television off. A person,or more precisely this person, can only watch one news loop. Then, I have to get up, and find something else to do. Even, folding up laundry, and you all know how much I love that chore!

The talking heads this morning, went back and forth, with the guests (I think you could say that) on their show. Want to be all mixed up? Oh, and depressed at the same time, just watch the news. I have a need, and most of you do as well, wish there could be some kind of feel good news. Good news, for that matter, would be, in my opinion, a good way for the news to end.

I hope you are all safe, from both Mother Nature's activities such as hurricanes,the massive number of fires in California, and flooding, just to mention a few catastrophic events that we've had this year. And, the cherry on top of all of this shit, is the virus. Jeff says, and I know he's right, that if we stay in the house for 99% of the time, then our chances of getting sick, become minimal. And, I know this is a good thing. But after all these months, makes me, and you as well,wish the virus could just simply go away,

I still, remember that when I was in junior high, our family stood in line, to get our sugar cube, to ward off our chances of getting polio. Basically, as kids, we thought that receiving a sugar cube, was a wonderful way of preventing the spread of this horrible disease. Knowing, that you could prevent polio, with just one vaccine, meant at the time, standing in lines to get your medicine. Those waiting in line for the polio vaccination, unlike today, just stood, single file. There wasn't any protests, etc., that are around today. Being in the streets, to protest against police violence. Unfortunately,  this is, a sign of our times, (please let me go back to the 60's) and, hope that the peaceful protests, going around the country, will eventually fade away, or be gone altogether. When winter comes around, and it's cold outside, then we might see a stop to protesting, or at the very least, reduce the number of protests, peaceful or not.

It's hump day for all of you still working. For me, it's just another day, at the "office" for me.

You all know the drill about the rules for the present time. Let's continue to keep doing what we're doing. In the long run, it should show a downturn in the number of individuals getting sick, or worse, dying.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...