Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Mice, Micees (not a real word)

 9/22/2020

Our anniversary was on the quiet side. I had a visit with our doctor in Baltimore. There is something about going to Hopkins, which generally means literally pack a lunch! I did, and Bella, who loves to eat, enjoyed a bite of the pretzel logs I brought along.

 We've lived in this house for 32 years, and every time the weather gets colder, the mice move in to the pantry. Two so far, have made the ultimate sacrifice for their brothers and sisters. Yesterday, while sitting in my office I actually heard the mouse trap (the old kind) go off. There is a little bit of good news about the mice and my pantry. When there is obvious signs that some four legged crawly thing has been in a box or bag, that's when the pantry begins to empty out. Apparently, the mice(s) like those little packets of food additives. I came down one morning, and I could smell the overwhelming odor of spice. Sure enough, and I'm not sure how, a spice packet for use in chili, was on the floor, with the mouse that didn't get home that night.

I thought I had an agreement with the "head mouse" years ago. The mice could anything they could find in the garage. But, coming into this house means that mice are going to die. I don't even feel bad for the mice. Just the image of mice crawling around in my pantry, makes me sick to my stomach. 

I think now would be to get a cat. Not a kitten. But a cold blooded killer - a cat. Obviously, if I got a cat, it would also mean that the pantry door would have to be open. A few adjust-ments would have to be made, so that Bella, who loves food, can't reach food. If I empty the floor in the pantry, I don't believe that Bella will search farther into the pantry. She's always hungry, but I'm sure that she's that she's hungry enough to eat a spice packet! Or, at least I hope she doesn't!

I have an appointment to have my brain "shrunked" with my psychiatrist. 

Talk with you all later.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...