Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Beautiful Day Here

 4/20/2021

Mother Nature has done it again. First, it was a little chilly outside. But, today I'm wearing my "shorty" pants, which means, at least for me, pants that reach my ankles. I don't know where the clothes' manufactures find their "small" people, but the inseam measurement of pants, is ridiculous. I'm short, so an inseam on "petite" pants is generally somewhere around 30 or 32. Personally, and for safety reasons, I don't want any pants to cover my shoes. That's just waiting for a fall. Nope, inseams more like size 27, fit me perfectly. 

When I watch the Oscars, for example, I see all of these beautiful women, whose dresses appear to cover their shoes entirely. When they walk, it looks like their gliding across the floor. If, I wore pants or dresses that covered my feet, it wouldn't like I was floating, it would probably be a trip hazard. Ah, the joys of being short. Tall people tell me that it's much easier to be short - clothes can be altered to fit people like me. Unlike tall people, their clothes can't be altered to make them tall enough. Oh, the problems we short and tall people have. 

When I take clothes that don't fit and need to be altered, I go to the same place. As soon as I walk in, the lady says "too long"? She knows what I need as soon as I walk through the door. At that point, you know you're a regular!!

Exercise class this morning. I have to tell you that I get more of a workout during that 30 minutes, than I do with my physical therapy. Last week, my therapy consisted of walking one loop around the parking lot. Really? I know that Medicare pays for these services, but just walking in the parking lot? I wonder how much they charge for that short walk? Probably more than they should. I guess that's just part of the system!!

This afternoon, I'm going to a painting class. We did this last week, and it was a lot of fun. Memory therapy this afternoon - that should be exciting. I do know that I have a big time problem with my memory. I don't know how this kind of therapy is going to help me.

Running behind. I'll see you tomorrow.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...