Monday, April 5, 2021

Stuff That Comes To Mind!

 4/5/2021

The weekend is over, and the prices for Easter anything is on sale. So, if you're one of those super organized persons, then this is the right time for you. My worry is, how well will chocolate hold up for a year. My thought would be to put the candy in the freezer. Just a suggestion.

I always told the boys, and now Benjamin, that you have to eat the ears first. No reasonable explanation. But the facts are clear: 

According to popsugar.com, 76 percent of Americans bite off the ears first. Only 5 percent eat the feet first and 4 percent eat the tail first. So there you go. I knew I wasn't making it up about the ears!

For Easter, one of our activities was flower arranging. The activity director, brought in an assortment of flowers, baby breath, etc. We each had our own vases, all we had to do is arrange them! And, there's where the trouble began. For years, my idea of flower arranging, went something like this - get a vase, put water in the vase, and finally plop your flowers in. Done and done.

Tomorrow, an activity will be, Watercolor Greeting Cards. That should be fun, particularly since I'm so creative!! Not.  My strength, if you can call it that, is typing.  Since I have an IBM clickety click keyboard, there is a sound, when you press a key, which I enjoy. last week, one of the other residents stopped by to tell me how much she enjoys the sound of my typing. Who knew that typing would be something people like to hear?

The amount of books I can read in a week isn't a strength, simply more of a passion.

Here's the facts about the tall white hat that chefs wear. 

In the 1800s the French began using the phrase toque blanche to refer to the white hat worn by chefs as part of their uniform. The color white was perceived as the most hygienic of colors, which helped to portray a sense of cleanliness in the kitchen. See, now there's a trivia game question, or something to talk about at a party. I'm always happy to "investigate" the facts for you, and frankly for me as well.

Stacey and Benjamin are coming on the 8th. This is the first day, where visitors are allowed to come into apartments. I know Benjamin wants to see what my apartment looks like. It's a studio apartment, but all of my furniture, including the computer table, which I cannot live without, is in my room. And, my room is beautifully decorated, thanks to Wendy and Stacey.

There is a small ledge outside of every apart- ment. Stacey and I, have made it a priority, to decorate said ledge. At this moment, there is a picture of a Bassett dog (of course, there is), and a sparkling rainbow, and other stuff. Twice, I have left my room, and found people, mostly in wheelchairs, just looking at my ledge. One man, who lives on a different floor, says he just comes up, to see how my ledge is decorated. This makes me very happy.

When Stacey and I go to WalMart this week, we'll have to find some new things to put on the ledge. Maybe something summer like. Who knows for sure.

The local library comes here on the first Friday of every month. Okay, I ordered books, and have read all of them, except two. Time permitting, perhaps Stacey can take me to the library, so I can find more books to read. In my humble opinion, you can never have too many books. But, perhaps that's just me. Pretty much anywhere I go, there is a book with me. Books can take you anywhere, and you can be anybody. Unfortunately, I can no longer remember much of what I've read. It's possible that I could read a book the second time, and have little or no remembrance, that I've already read the book. This is just one of those things, that short term memory loses. 

I have a call that starts in a few minutes. Have a wonderful spring day. Talk to you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...