Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Let's Play Ball!

 4/27/2021

Strange subject for me, I know. But, here's why I'm writing about it. It's the only sport game that I understand. I don't even have to have the sound on!

Basically, there is a batter, pitcher and catcher. The batter either hits the ball, or he doesn't. He runs the bases, or he doesn't. He is called out, and then it's back to the dugout.

Simple really. My brain now, and even before, never understood football. There's a marker, there's a marker ..... Foul play, and other stuff like that.

At night, when I'm in for the evening, I find a baseball game. I don't care who's playing, but I obviously prefer to watch the Nationals or the Oriels. If I had to pick my number one team, it would be the Nationals, because of Max the pitcher, and Juan, who does an outstanding job of hitting the ball.

Now, I've noticed, and maybe you have as well, that a lot of the players are they are going to run the bases, are wearing what looks like an oven mitt. Why? Because, if their "oven mitt" gets on the base, before the rest of the body does, then they're safe. A cool idea, and I don't know when the mitt thing became a mitt thing. 

Then there's the uniforms. The players all have a certain uniform. Long pants, short pants with "leggings" (I know that's not what it's called, but you get the idea). One arm with a long sleeve, the other arm not. 

I know there is a reason and probably personal preference to how each player wears his uniform. Who knows, it could be that they have lucky socks, and don't want them to be washed. I suppose a bunch of men, wouldn't even think twice about a little foot odor. And, then, I'm pretty sure, that some players have a ritual they go through before the game. What piece of the uniform they put on first, and they always put that piece on first. I called it a ritual, but when I think about it, it's more of a routine. Everybody has routines. In the morning, some people have to drink coffee, and then eat, stuff like that. For most of my adult life, my breakfast has always been coffee, and either toast or a bagel. Seldom changes. 

Even where I'm living now, there is a routine to the day. What time the meals arrive. What time does the "x" activity begin. Important stuff like that. I'm not ancient yet, but even so, I like being in a rut, sort of. This doesn't make for an exciting life, but this works for me. I know this way of life isn't for every one, or anyone, but helps me reduce my anxiety level. And, that's very important.

I'm sure I will know something else tomorrow. But what topic, I have no idea.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...