Wednesday, April 28, 2021

What Is It About Wednesday?

 4/28/2021

It's Wednesday, big deal. But, if you are still working, and most of the time, I'm glad I don't any longer. Wednesday is the dividing part of the week. Monday and Tuesday have gone by. But when, Wednesday, rolls around, working people sigh with relief. Two days down, Wednesday doesn't count, and you "slide" through Thursday and Friday.

Here in a "retirement" community, there ae things that occur during the day, that you can count on. What time the meals are served? What time is the morning exercise class, and then, I always look forward to an afternoon activity. I think water color painting is fast becoming my favorite. Yesterday, we did water coloring, and then while our paints were wet, we sprinkled salt on top, and then a few drips of rubbing alcohol. The end product usually looks pretty good, even for me. I had one painting that I thought was worthy of putting in an envelope and sending to Stacey. I hope she likes it.

I may have said it yesterday, and likely I did, but the box of paints, etc., from Jeff is something that I'm going to enjoy very much. Thank you very much Jeff.

The new company, who is taking over from Atria, has already shown up and making changes. First arm to be cut off, was the director. Her last day is Monday. If anybody's out there, please, please don't let them cut Sandy. Sandy is our life engaging director. She leads us in morning exercise, and then our afternoon activities. We all love her, and we'd be lost without her. Fingers crossed, that she gets to stay. Some of the residents who participate in her "art" classes, she shows a lot of support and compassion with everyone. We all love her - a lot. 

Supposed to be in the 80's today, but I keep my room cool, if not cold, and generally don't venture outside very often. I don't need a tan, who's going to look at me anyway?

Our last trip to the Bahamas, Jeff and I sat on the beach under an umbrella. But, as we discovered, not every part of our body was protected. Or, so I thought. Turned out, that my right arm was not under the umbrella, and you know what comes next. Yup, sunburn, which is a completely different ballgame, than a suntan. As a teenager, because we didn't know any better, we sunbathed using a combination of iodine and baby oil. Did you get a suntan? Oh, you betcha you did. 

Now that I'm older, and supposed to be smarter, I now notice different spots on my arms and hands, for example. I guess that's the cost of being a "sun kissed teenager!!

Happy Wednesday everybody.

P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...