Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Necessary Women's Tests

4/12/2016

There are two tests for women that should be done annually.  Sadly, a lot of women put off these tests for many reasons: pain and perhaps embarrassment.  Nobody really wants somebody poking around in your nether regions, but it is a necessary evil until you have nothing in those regions!

Ah, and then there's the much loved mammogram.  Some women say that the test where the "girls" are squished between two plates (more or less) is quite painful.  I believe that may be the case of women whose girls are rather on the small side.

As for me, I hoist the girls, which is much like hoisting a five pound bag of flour, up for testing.  At my age, this is the only time that the girls stand at attention.  Just a necessary fact of gravity.  You know you're in trouble when the technician says that she must use the "wide screen".  And that my friends is where the girls and I are. 

The five or so minutes of testing that reveals there's nothing wrong is a good thing.  Better to be safe than sorry.  My aunt had breast cancer, but she is the only one on my maternal side that did.  So, my annual testing is merely routine, but I'd feel like a fool if I put off this annual test, and then discovered a lump.

Image result for mammogram pictures 

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...