Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Clean Carpets!

4/6/2016

On Monday, Stacey shampooed my living room and upstairs hall carpets.  Now I have always known that I'm not the best at keeping the house clean - deep cleaning I mean.  I still do the dishes, make the bed, stuff like that.

When Stacey started cleaning the living room carpet, the amount of dirty water she pulled out of the carpet was astonishing and horrendous, all at the same time.  With Mr. Sam and Maggie, both now senior dogs, we've had our share of dog spots.  Why they can't be sick in the kitchen is beyond me, but maybe it's a dog thing.

Stacey changed the water three times before the living room carpet was done.  Spots gone - check. Carpet nice and clean - check.  The hallway upstairs had a large, and to me, and perhaps only me, an eyesore of a spot.  The spot is now gone.

After the living room carpet was cleaned, the house smelled cleaner.  Less like dogs.  Yesterday while I didn't do as good of a job as Stacey had, I shampooed the den carpet, which is where the dogs spend the majority of their time.  I didn't do a great job, but felt satisfied when I saw how much dirt I had gotten out of the carpet.

I have no illusions that the carpet will remain uber clean, but for the moment as spring arrives, it is and that's enough for me.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...