Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Day Before

4/19/2016

Today feels like Christmas Eve to me.  It's the day before we set off for Florida and the Bahamas, and I'm excited.  

Jeff took Maggie (the lab) and dropped her off at Scott's house.  Mister Sam, on the other hand, will go to the kennels tomorrow.  I can tell that Sam misses his friend because he has wandered all over the house this morning.

Since we will leave early tomorrow morning, it'll be early to bed tonight.  I've laid out what I'm going to wear tomorrow so I don't have to think about that.  I never can seem to go on a trip without a certain amount of anxiety.  Did I remember "x"?  What about "y"?  Did I, or should I, pack clothes for a change in the weather?

I worked for a boss years ago, who said that all you really needed to take on a trip was a credit card.  Anything you left behind or needed, could be bought.  And, he was right, but I prefer to bring my own stuff.  

The inside of the plane can get pretty warm during the summer.  Luckily, since it's still spring, we shouldn't have that problem.  In fact, I'm bringing along a sweater - part of my contingency plan.  On our way to Florida, we're stopping somewhere (can't remember but know that Jeff told me) to have a new pant (wheel cover) put on the plane.  I'm bringing along both my Kindle and a "Fast and Easy" (i.e., for the lesser intellect) crossword puzzle book.  

I've packed my carry-on bag with hard candy, kleenex, my aviation baseball hat (the bill is longer and the underside is khaki green) to help with bright sunlight.  Into that bag, I'll also put my puzzle book since the repair to the plane will take 45 minutes or so.

The weather report for Abaco, where we're headed, looks good for the rest of the week.  Should be perfect beach/water weather.

Have a good rest of the week.  I'll see you back here on Tuesday.

P

 Image result for picture of bahama beach




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...