Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Things I Miss When I'm Away

4/27/2016

After getting home from our trip on Sunday night, I began to think of the things that I miss when I'm away from home.  In no particular order:
  • the dogs, Sam and Maggie
  • our coffee maker with it's little pods of coffee (Jeff and I have each had two cups of coffee this morning.  At $4.00 a cup at the resort, we've just spent $16.00)!
  • the water (no icky taste)
  • the bed
  • the shower
  • our recliners
  • my computer
  • television
  • reading the mail (obviously, the non-bills part only)
  • leftovers from dinner
  • the smell of freshly mowed grass (which is happening as I type this)
  • listening to a voicemail on the answering machine from Benjamin (grandson)
  • toasted bagel w/butter (lots)
  • my clothes closets (yes there are more than one) 
  • the music station that we play 24/7 in our bedroom
I'm sure there are more things than this that I like about being at home.  I get so excited when planning a trip.  What to pack. How many shoes can I realistically get away with bringing!  Men see shoes more as a "one shoe fits all".  Women, on the other hand, want tennies, sandals, perhaps heels, etc.  Men do not understand this.

I realize that once I'm home, I'm no longer Cinderella.  Not hardly.  There are suitcases to be unpacked, laundry to be done, and dinners to be cooked.  I have a wonderful psychiatrist who saves magazines for me.  As I saw her just yesterday, I now have plenty of "reading" to do so that I can keep informed about the goings on of the rich and famous.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...