Monday, April 25, 2016

Did You Miss Me?

4/24/2016

The obvious, and correct answer is yes, of course we did.  Well, I missed you too.  While being away, I also missed my computer.  Some folks would say they would miss their cellphone.  But, for me, I'm not actually sure where my phone is!  

When we left Mister Sam on Wednesday at the kennel, he looked at us like "what did I do wrong"?  After finishing my coffee and blog, I'll be off to "release" him!  Scott brought Maggie home yesterday and she keeps looking for her old friend.  Once Sam is home, I'm prepared to do penance for leaving him.  

Our flight to Ft. Lauderdale was long but uneventful.  The long part I could do without, but uneventful is always good.  We were the last folks to arrive so the buffet meal was pretty much wiped out.  But, I, had a contingency plan.  When I worked at Marriott, we would get a dinner pass for two occasionally.  I poked around in a drawer and found one!  Have no idea how many years it's been sitting in there, but Wednesday night was the perfect time to use it.  The pass gave us: 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 drinks and 2 deserts - heaven.

Thursday morning early we left for the Bahamas.  When people talk about the Bahamas, I'm never really sure if the word "the" is supposed to be capitalized.  For now, we'll leave "the" alone.  Once we arrived at the resort, our room wasn't ready, so we went to the restaurant and had lunch.  We sat outside in the sunshine.  By the way, I think there's some unwritten rule about while being in a resort by the ocean, it's mandatory to sit outside!  The prices for the food and iced tea, reminded us that we weren't in Kansas anymore!

Our room was lovely.  It had a little balcony overlooking the ocean.  The bed was quite comfy, once you were actually on it.  I have short legs and if I were physically able, it would have been easier to run toward the bed and land (hopefully) on the bed!  But, alas, I'm not really much of a runner (ya think?), so I had to sort of work my body bit by bit onto the bed.  Not a pretty sight I assure you.  The other option was for Jeff to haul me over the side, much like a beached whale!

The next morning after breakfast, where coffee was $4.00, which makes me really appreciate the cup of coffee I'm drinking now, I headed back to the room to get my "mature woman" bathing suit on.  You know the kind: they call it a swim dress, because the length is longer and covers up some of the jiggly bits!  

As advertised, the sand was white and the water clear and blue. Once I made my way down to the beach, I was in heaven.  I'm not very stable on my feet, so once my tootsies got sucked down in the sand, I lost my balance and landed on my fanny.  Note: my swim dress fanned around me beautifully!  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stand up on my own, so I waited in the shallow water until Jeff (my prince) came to save me from the one inch of water I was stranded in!  Once I was again upright, Jeff helped me get further into the ocean, i.e., two inches of water, I began to wobble around like an uncooked egg.  

After a short bit, I left to sit in a chair under a palm tree hut.  All that was missing was my drink (ice water) with an umbrella in it!  I lounged and used sunscreen, particularly on my chest, because there is nothing worse than having a sunburn in that area and then having to put a bra on.  I know this from practical experience many years ago!  You've got to keep the "girls" covered up somehow.

The rest of that first day was lunch - outside of course - and a nap.  There is so much work involved in doing nothing, that it can only be cured by sleeping in the middle of the day!  Here's what I know for sure: for me walking, not so much.  For me: sleeping, I'd get a gold medal.  This girl can really nap!

Even though Jeff and I had napped in the afternoon, after dinner and some chat time, I was ready to take aim at the bed once again.  

To be continued ......

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...