Friday, April 1, 2016

Benjamin is in the house

4/1/2016

Happy first day of April.  The year seems to be on a fast forward schedule, or perhaps that's what only I think!

We went and picked up Benjamin last night.  Stacey wasn't feeling well and since she and I were supposed to meet up today for the "transfer", Jeff and I went out to get him.  We took the new car and though the windows were up, the top was down and made for a wonderful ride.

When we got home, Jeff was tired, so he went to bed.  Benjamin and I stayed up and watched some ridiculous cartoon show on Netflix.  But thinking ahead, before Jeff went to sleep, Benjamin and I got him, the sleeping bag, a blanket, stuffed animal and his nightlight all set up.

We stayed up a little bit longer and when I took Benjamin upstairs, told him that PopPop was tired and we didn't want to wake him up.  Going to bed was a no fuss event.

This morning, Benjamin is watching a movie and eating his favorite breakfast when he visits: PopTarts and chocolate milk!  I opted for a bagel and coffee.

Today, I'm taking Benjamin to Chuck E Cheese for lunch and games.  I don't know whether to take aspirin before I go or wait and take it later.  Afterwards, I'm going to take him to the library to find a few movies to watch over the weekend.  And, finally we'll stop at the yogurt store and have some dessert.

Benjamin's birthday present is here and it's a Zoob Bot toy. You can make all kinds of interesting things with the pieces.  And because I was thinking ahead, I even bought a plastic box to hold all of those bits and pieces.  Very proud of myself!

It's raining today, so all play will be inside the house, which is fine with me.  When Benjamin visits, he brings every toy he can find in the house and puts them in the den.  The only thing I ask of him is that he leave a clear path for walking!

P
Image result for picture of zoob bot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...