Saturday, April 9, 2016

Saturday

4/9/2016

Apologies for not blogging yesterday.  My excuse?  I didn't seem to have anything I wanted to write about.

Yesterday, Jeff and I went down to the mechanic to pick up the Blu Ox (truck) who was getting new brakes.  Expensive?  You bet $$$ - definitely a comma in the price.  But what are you going to do?  Brakes are really important.  They prevent you from hopefully running into things.

Now the Ox needs new tires and they are in Costco now after being ordered.  So more $$$ involved in purchasing four truck tires.  Once the Ox has new tires and now new shoes, here's hoping that nothing else will need to be fixed, at least anytime soon.  

There was mention of snow/rain for today.  It's not snowing, but it is gloomy and overcast outside.  This would be a good day to put down grass seed - in the hopes that it will rain.  But I'm doubting that I'll actually get around to getting this chore done.  

This week's Parade magazine was centered around how much people earn.  Okay, no big surprise that actors, rich people like Trump and some singers, make really big bucks.  On the flip side, there are people who are making $10,000 a year.  I wonder how they survive.  While we're not in a caste system per se, there are many people who are uber rich and then some, people who have to stretch their money to make ends meet.  There is, of course, the middle ground where a lot of us regular folks live.  We make an adequate (more or less) salary, have full benefits, live in a nice home and drive nice cars.  As baby boomers age and continue to be 62+, most of us are glad that while we abhorred paying taxes, are grateful that Social Security benefits still exist for our generation.  It's hard to say whether Social Security benefits will be around for our children.  For the 45+ years I worked,  deductions were taken out for Social Security, and now as a recipient, I'm glad that I paid in for so many years.  

I'm doing my countdown until we leave for the Bahamas.  We leave on the 20th and I can't wait.  Keeping my fingers crossed that no tropical storm comes through the Bahamas forcing us to shorten our stay.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...