Wednesday, April 13, 2016

One Week To Go!

4/13/2016

This time next week, Jeff and I will already be in the air flying to Ft. Lauderdale.  We will be spending the night there for dinner and a pre-flight briefing.  The next morning, we head to the airport and start the journey towards blue water and white sand.  Unfortunately, our trip to Florida will take most of the day, but that's a small price to pay for the reward we'll get when we take to the beach!

Because I was a good Girl Scout, I am getting things ready for the trip.  Obviously, we need clothes, a swimsuit, sunblock and Aloe Vera for when the sunblock doesn't work so well.  I have to round up our CPAP bags, because neither of us can afford to be without our machines.  Not sexy or exciting but necessary.

Try on or jiggle into the bathing suit - grimace.  Have to make sure I pack a hat because while I love a tanned body, I don't want too much sun on my face.  I didn't get to be this old and looking this good (insert laugh here) by exposing my face for hours to the sun.

Wear tennis shoes for the flights.  The last thing I need is to be wearing sandals with slippery bottoms and slip getting up or down into the plane.  Nope definitely tennies.  And, then you have to have shoes to wear in the sand and/or water - got that covered.  And, perhaps a different pair of sandals to wear to dinner.  Undecided on that.

Old shirt to wear over said bathing suit when I know I've had enough sun for one day.  Make sure my Kindle is fully charged and remember to bring along the charger.  Reading is a big deal for me and I can already see me on the beach, with my Kindle in one hand and a drink with an umbrella in the other!  Hey, the drink could be just water, but the umbrella is a necessity!

I know there's an option to tour around the island, but I think I'll opt out.  I will be just fine sitting near the water and also wading in the water.  I don't swim, so wading is all I do, but I enjoy doing that a great deal.

Check out that beautiful beach!!  I can hardly wait.

Guana Cay Beaches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...