Thursday, March 31, 2016

Television

3/31/2016

You know how much I love television.  And one of my favorite types of shows are the reality ones.  Are the shows scripted?  Probably so, but this doesn't deter my enjoyment.  My theory is that if you are going to go on television and make a fool of yourself, I'm happy to watch you do that.  

Last night was Bering Sea Gold.  If you're successful in finding gold, then the boat captain could stand to make a lot of money.  If you're just the diver - not so much.  I think it must be a hard way to make a living, but at least they only work for themselves.  To keep things interesting for the viewers, sometimes they are given a few scripted lines to say.  And the announcer is, of course, Mike Rowe, who has a great and very recognizable voice.

Survivor just keeps coming back and back.  Thirty-two seasons.  Some of you may remember how little the contestants had in the early seasons.  Those people were starving.   Things are better for the contestants now, but they do daily battles with the weather and bites from one insect or another.  I know I wouldn't last two seconds on Survivor!  I'm just not tough enough.

Amazing Race is another must see show for me.  Some of the things that the people have to do on that show are often horrible or terrifying.  Okay, no auditions for me for that show either!  Guess I'm just going to have to earn my reward as an armchair viewer.

I'm pretty sure I watch too much television.  But, I simply don't care.  Since I'm no longer working, my world has become quite small.  I read books.  A lot of books actually.  Thank heavens for Kindle Unlimited which lets me have 10 free books checked out at a time.  While I know that I'm reclusive (you think?), I'm doing okay.  I like my world trouble and worry free, and for the most part it is.  When life gets out of hand, I can always turn to my best friend, Jeff.

Goal for today: finish cleaning up the spare room, which means putting all of Benjamin's toys away.  I think I'll also get my broom and dust pan and sweep the garage.  During the fall, leaves find their way inside the garage all the time.  Now it's time to make them disappear.

Have a good day.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...