Saturday, March 19, 2016

Luncheon Saturday

3/19/2016

If you know me well, and most of you do, you also know that I generally don't host many parties, lunches or dinners.  In my world, I like everything to be just "so", and sometimes it's a goal that's hard to reach.

For lunch today, with my Marriott Alums and Chums (catchy don't you think?), I have cleaned the house - sort of.  I have dusted all the low places and vacuumed up the dog hair.  Of course, that was yesterday so with regard to dog hair, I should, but won't, vacuum again today.  It is what it is.  It would be sufficiently easier to just vacuum Maggie!

Yesterday, I made a layered lettuce salad: lettuce, onions, peppers, celery and frozen peas topped with a mix of mayonnaise and sugar, then cheese and finally bacon.  This dish is best eaten after it has been in the refrigerator a day.  I also made a pistachio desert: baked layer of butter, nuts and flour, topped with pistachio pudding, cream cheese and cool whip.  Finally, another layer of cool whip and chopped nuts. That too is sitting in the refrigerator to be consumer later today.

All I have left to do is make my hash brown casserole, which is a family favorite and corn casserole, also a favorite.  Oh, and empty the dishwasher and put all the dishes away - this is huge for me, as I generally leave one or two things in the dishwasher, so it doesn't get lonely!

I've already washed the wine glasses, which were a gift from my Grandmother in the 60's to be put in my hope chest.  They are really water glasses with stems, but they can and will hold wine today.  When getting the glasses down from the nether reaches of the cupboard, I accidentally dropped one of the glasses, which is a bummer.  But life goes on.  After today, I'll wash the glasses and return them carefully to the uppermost cabinet for who knows how long.

Jeff is putting a leaf into the table, so that we can sit around and eat comfortably.  Growing up, my parent's kitchen/dining room was where people wanted to be.  The same kind of thing happens in our house too.  Guess it's just cozy.

Both of the dogs, once they do the meet and greet dance, will probably head off to a corner to sleep.  This is an advantage of owning older dogs.  And, I know that both Mister Sam and Maggie are very friendly and love people.  Though they will act like they are starved for affection, nothing could be farther from the truth.

Got to run - things to do.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...