Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pre-Solar Panel Installation Day

3/22/2016

Tomorrow, solar panels will be installed on the roof of the house.  I don't think they are the prettiest things to look at, but since I barely notice the top of the house, I won't mind them.  

Jeff is taking tomorrow and Thursday off to monitor the installation.  I'm not a good supervisor and don't want or need the responsibility of making sure everything is done correctly.  As I've said before, men like talking to men - not little women!

I think my job for the next two days is to make sure that the gate gets closed completely so that the dogs don't run away.  If they do manage to get out, they never go very far.  They know that we give them a good life.  When we bought the recliners for the den, did we give away or try to sell the sofa? Nope.  It's where Mister Sam spends most of his time.  We don't get much company so there is no reason to keep the sofa and perhaps one day we'll try and find it a new home; but, for now it's staying.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that having the panels on the roof will make a difference with the electricity bill.  We face east and get afternoon sun on the back of the house, which makes it very hot inside.  I try and not run the a/c full steam ahead in the summer, but I also don't like sticking to leather furniture!

The other good thing about having Jeff home for two days is that I don't have to pack lunches for him.  I don't mean to sound lazy, but in order for him to have food to take for lunch, yours truly has to be thinking about what I can fix for dinner every night.

Our installation won't look exactly like this one, but you get the idea.

P

Image result for picture of solar panels on house roof

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...