Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter

3/27/2016

Christmas and Easter are the two days of the year when churches are filled.  As a child, I remember having a pretty dress to wear, something ruffled no doubt.  Our Easter baskets were a delight.  Mom didn't buy, and perhaps it wasn't an option way back when, prepared baskets wrapped in cellophane.  If you have ever bought one of these baskets, then you know it's 90% grass and only 10% candy and/or a toy.  

I hope it's sunny where you are, because it definitely isn't here.  It's overcast which doesn't improve a person's mood.  Or my mood at any rate.

I went to Michael's yesterday, which was teeming with women all looking for last minute things to buy for an Easter basket.  I have never allowed a holiday to sneak up on me and catch me unprepared.  Anyway, the ladies were debating which kind of egg coloring kit to buy, large or small plastic eggs, as well as making a host of other decisions.

I avoided the "bunny" aisles and therefore wasn't pushed around or hit by a shopping cart!  A small line at the cashier, but considering it was a Saturday wasn't too bad.  I also went to KMart and managed to get what I wanted and found the cashier in the garden center standing around, so I didn't even have to wait in line!  A bonus I'm sure you'll agree.  The problem at KMart was the children.  They spied all that candy and they wanted some and they wanted it now.  

We're cooking a ham for lunch/brunch/dinner today.  I'm preparing a few side dishes.  I have already made the layered lettuce salad, which is yummy.  Perhaps I'll also make the hash brown dish and if I do that, Jeff is guaranteed a great lunch tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day.  Oh, and don't forget - never ever eat the bunny's ears first!

P


Image result for easter eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...