Sunday, March 13, 2016

Apologies for Yesterday

3/13/2016

Apologies for lack of a blog post yesterday.  Jeff and I are still trying, for the past week, whether to die or not.  The flu bug, and we had flu shots, hit us very hard.  I'm just glad that we have no children to take care of, while we're in this state.

Slow progress is being made.  Today I'm showered and dressed.  Small steps indeed, but steps all the same.  I can't imagine what condition we'd be in, if we hadn't had the flu shot.  Probably draped all over the bathroom floor!  On a positive note, and boy do I need one, this is one way to take off a few pounds!

I haven't cooked in several days, but will make an effort this afternoon, because Jeff will need something to take for lunch tomorrow.  I'll do something with chicken I think.  What exactly?  I have no idea.  Probably whatever takes the least energy.

As I look out my window on the world, I notice the beginning of buds on some trees.  Our dogwood tree is beautiful in the spring when she's adorned with her flowers.  Years ago, I had a neighbor tell me that we should cut down the tree, because of some blight.  The tree still stands and is now 30 years old.  Cutting down a long standing tree, is a true loss.

I have also heard birds chirping when I'm on the porch.  Definitely a sound of spring.

Have a wonderful and hopefully restful Sunday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...