Friday, March 11, 2016

Sick with the Flu

3/11/2016

Last weekend, Benjamin stayed at our house and he had a little bug of some kind.  And Scott was at the house and became ill and missed three days of work.

And, now Jeff and I are sick.  We haven't been down this hard since oh about 1975 when the Hong Kong flu was going around.  I remember that we were both so sick, that we had to take turns getting up to take care of Kenny.  We felt so bad, we wanted to die.

Fast forward to today.  Luckily, we have nobody to care for but ourselves.  Jeff has stayed home for three days and is still feeling bad.  Since we both had flu shots, I can only imagine how much worse this could be.  We are both quite weak and fixing something to eat is a chore.  Not the best way to lose weight, but I'll take what I can get!

The good news is that we should be on the mend by the first of next week.  We are hosting lunch next Saturday for our friends.  We're both looking forward to what I call "Alums and Chums".  Marriott alumni (Sharon and I), and our chums (Angela and Sal).  We're really looking forward to having a good time next Saturday.  

I'm keeping this short because I need to take my old and sick body to my chair.  Let's hear it for recliners!

Stay well.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...