Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Why Can't Things Stay The Same?

3/2/2016

I have a "little" OCD habit (actually more than a little if I were honest) and when I like something, I see no reason for that product to change.  After all I'm not contacted by the manufacturer who, for the love of a dollar, doesn't let me know that my favorite lipstick color is discontinued, because it's not selling well.  

Once I like a product, I am steadfastly devoted.  I have only worn Chloe perfume for more than 30 years.  Have I looked around for another scent?  Nope.  Why would I do that?  The Chloe perfume that I use has been - you guessed it - discontinued.  Why did I do about it? Plenty.  I went on Ebay and bought practically ever bottle, used/unopened/box/no box I could find.  I have those bottles lined up in my spare bathroom like soldiers waiting for battle.  I used to also use Chloe dusting powder, but finding that discontinued item is scarce.  And, if you do find the dusting powder, the price is prohibitive - over $100.00!!

I have used only one shade of lipstick for years.  And, if you think it has been discontinued, you are right.  Why am I not advised about this?  I have a few tubes of lipstick left, but once they are gone, then I'm screwed.  How many new lipsticks will I have to buy to find one that most closely looks like the color I'm used to wearing?  More than a few I suspect.  

The problem with discontinued items is, besides their being discontinued, is that if you do happen to find said item, the price will be over the moon.  For some of Revlon's discontinued lipsticks, the price on Amazon is over $35.00.  That's just too much and besides they don't have the shade that I like.

I know things have to change.  But do I have to accept those changes?  Eventually I will have to, I'll be left with no other choice.  I may have to change, but I'll be kicking and screaming all the way to the cashier!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...