Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

3/30/2016

The month of March is nearly over.  Everywhere I look I see and hear the signs of spring.  Birds are chirping, plants and flowers are beginning to pop out.  Our lawn gets mowed on Tuesday and it's always wonderful to look out and see a freshly mowed lawn.  Kind of reminds me of what a carpet looks like after it's been vacuumed!

We have three ornamental grass plants in the yard and during the spring and summer they are beautiful.  After winter weather, the grasses are essentially dead.  The grasses, at this time of the year, remind me of hay.  And in order to get new growth, the old stuff has to be cut down.  Yesterday, I had the lawn guys cut the grasses down to their stumps.  Doing so, makes it easier for the new growth to show.

Today I believe I will tackle the spare bedroom where I keep Benjamin's toys.  The last time he was here, he dumped the contents of the containers on the floor and then forgot about them.  Benjamin is coming to the house on Friday, but even so, feel I must get things tidy.

I need to try and do one extra chore each day.  I don't count dishes and laundry as part of my extra chores.  Nope, it's got to be something I don't do every day.  I could and should do some filing up in Jeff's office.  But doing so offers me very little satisfaction.  Okay, I throw the paid bills into the appropriate boxes and there they sit.  In reality, I don't really know why I hang on to paid bills.  I can't recall a time when I actually needed to see our electric bill from a year ago.  To be honest, it's just easier to keep adding bills to their appropriate spot, rather than take the time shredding!

Apologies for the short post.  Some days, there's just nothing to say!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...