Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dirty Money

3/2/2016

Today, while waiting for the cashier to start ringing up my things, I heard/saw the oddest thing.  The lady in front of me wanted $100 cash back.  No biggie I think.  Well, turns out I was wrong.  When the cashier told this woman that the money was dirty, the customer began to freak out.  The cashier had to assure her that the money wasn't "dirty" as in a laundry scheme, just dirty.

When you think about it all money gets dirty, since it goes from hand to hand.  The customer wouldn't accept several of the larger bills and made the cashier count out a large number of ones and fives that met with her approval.  All the time while waiting, I'm thinking that the world has probably revolved around at least once, since the subject of dirty money came up.  

The cashier offered hand sanitizer to the customer, which she rejected.  I was fully expecting for the customer to demand that the cashier go to the office and get brand new crisp bills.  Really?  If this situation upset this woman so much, I would hate to think what other things might set her off.  She seemed to me a bit "mental" and I know all about being mental! 

Who knows maybe the woman when she got home, ran the bills through the washing machine!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...