Monday, October 26, 2020

Go Dodger's Go!

 10/26/2020

Today's weather, is just like yesterday's. It is gloomy, has been raining, and I feel, like returning to bed! But, just sitting around all day, assumes, and rightly so, that I won't get anything done. 

I have three things to do today. One, is to be able to give my psychiatrist today, seven things that I'm grateful for. That sounds easy. Right? But, when you face the computer, and have your fingers on the keyboard, and there isn't a sound of keys clicking, I know I'm in trouble. 

Today, is Elly's birthday!! Both Jeff and myself, are very, very happy to have both her mother, as well as Elly, be a part of our lives.🎂. Today, will be all about Elly, as it should be. Wendy is a wonderful baker, among other things, so I know that she will make a fabulous cake for Elly, and perhaps ice cream too! Yum.

Jeff and I lived in California, for more than 30 years. In out kitchen, we actually had a copper oven. Nope, not copper-like, but real copper. The kind of copper that shows every fingerprint, and it was necessary to polish it frequently.

I forgot momentarily where I was going today, but now I remember. We used to go to the Dodger's and Angel's games. This was at a time, when people didn't spill beer on you. Aw, pleasant times. One of the players we enjoyed watching, was Sandy Koufax. I have no recollection whether Sandy was a good player. He was good looking, and that's all that mattered at the time.

In last night's World Series game, our beloved Dodgers won. And, even more special, was my ability to stay awake, to the end of the game. There will be another game tomorrow. Perhaps, I should take a nap in the afternoon, so I'm "refreshed", in the evening.

Besides rooting for our home team, is seeing all the different outfits the players wore. There were long pants, pants to the knee with long socks. Different colored shoes, and sometimes different socks. When we first started watching baseball, there wasn't a variety of clothes options.

One other observation. For the most part, players didn't have long hair. If you watch a football game, some players do in fact, have long hair. I guess that's just a small part of who a player is. 

When I watch Gold Rush, I personally think Parker's hair is too long, along with others of his crew. If I was going to be in a very hot climate, I would probably just get myself a really short haircut. But, that's just me I guess.

I'll close for now. I absolutely have to fold and put away the clothes. Throwing things into the washer and dryer, doesn't take much effort. For me, because I hate it so much, is the folding and the putting away of said clothes, is Boring!

But, I also remember, and perhaps you do too, when clothes and pillow cases had to be ironed. When I was in high school, I had a beautiful pleated skirt (note the pleated part). I loved the skirt, but it was a b**** to iron. I eventually, threw the skirt in the back of my closet, to avoid ironing it. How sad is that?

Laundry is calling, and today I absolutely have to put things away. Blah.

I hope all of you are safe. Jeff and I are healthy, as far as the virus goes. I leave the house as seldom as possible. I have training two days a week, and I can or can not, go to the store with Jeff. Because there is no browsing, and I know why, but, going to the store for a rush rush trip, is something I don't enjoy. So, I stay home.

I want all of you, to be healthy as well. Wearing a mask is now our new norm. I have a black cloth mask, and I'm thinking about getting out some paint, and giving the mask a more personalized look!

Till tomorrow.

P


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...