Monday, October 19, 2020

Overwhelmed

 10/19/2020

The title says it all.  First, and perhaps foremost, is all of the election nonsense.  We posted my ballot yesterday into an official ballot box. Somehow, with all the hype, I didn't want to give the mailman my ballot, then it goes back to the post office for sorting, etc. etc. Too many steps and/or places where my ballot could become lost, etc.

I want the election to be over, but in my heart, but, not feeling assured that once the election is over, the election is not over. I know you understand. 

To be honest, for years elections didn't spark much interest on my part. You vote, somebody leaves the White House, and somebody new moves in. Simple.

I believe that on election day, which is just around the corner, Jeff and I will more than likely, stay up. If we do that, then a mid-day nap would be in order! And, nobody loves a nap more than Daisy.

And, then because I just love to worry, we're still dealing with the virus. The number of new cases as well as deaths, get higher every day. Jeff and I don't go out much, because in the case of the virus, going out less is better for me. 

I have put my personal training on hold, my fear is that too many people use the equipment. Everybody wears a mask, and the equipment is swiped clean, after each use. And, I know in my heart, that's probably enough, but even so, I'm afraid. 

Generally, my only outside contact is shopping at WalMart. There is an armed guard at the front door, and no mask, no entering. And, everybody does. Some are wearing their masks the incorrect way - cover your nose people - but it's a start. I felt very sorry for an elderly woman, who was riding in a cart, and pulling a regular shopping cart behind her. Several times I was able to reach something that was out of her reach. A feel good moment for sure.

Normally, Jeff likes to shop WalMart, as fast as he can. Yesterday, was a bit different. I simply had to go to the clothes section, to buy smaller size clothes. You know you need a smaller size, when the pants you're currently wearing, fall to the ground, when you suck your tummy in! I know we should all have this problem. It's an odd feeling for me. 

At one point last year, I didn't actually give a hoot about my getting bigger. Then, I met with the plastic surgeon, and she agreed that I needed some work done to my body, but I simply had to lose weight. Heaven knows I'm trying. I write down all of the calories that I eat every day. Most days, I have a fairly large amount of calories left over each day. And, that's definitely a good thing.

I'm making use of Amazon's Prime Wardrobe. You can put "x" amount of clothes in your cart (I think it's 7). Once the clothes arrive, you have 7 days to return or buy. For me, it's a good way to try on smaller sized clothing, and see if those clothes fit.

Since my world is now very small, and likely will be for the future I suppose, it's better, at least for me, to remain inside the house. Even though I remain in the house - and am thankful for the amount of books I have to read. As well as reading, I have several latch hook projects, that ideally I would like done before Christmas. If you're family, you can stop reading this paragraph. 

Because of my growing depression, I only watch one cycle of news. To watch more than that, is just asking for trouble, at least for me.

Holidays are going to very different this year. Scott's taking his family to Tennessee, to have Christmas with Wendy's family. While, I don't know for sure, but it seems reasonable that Andrew and family will probably go to her parent's condo, located somewhere.

I don't want to eat in a restaurant, but I don't want to cook (I mean I don't want Jeff to have to cook) for just the two of us. There are many restaurants and grocery stores that offer "to go" dinners. Most of these dinners are for four people. My thinking, which sometimes doesn't make sense, is to order 3 or 4 dinners, so we would have "tovers" for the next day! And, everybody loves a repeat of a Thanksgiving dinner. And, I'm in favor of a no fuss dinner.See how thoughtful I am!!

Well, boys and girls, I'm closing for now. Have a good day, even when wearing a mask.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...