Monday, October 5, 2020

Tivo

 10/5/2020

I don't know how many of you out there, have a Tivo (like a DVR but better). The Tivo in the den, where all the action is, i.e., sitting and using the remote, is in a word - exhausting!

Over the weekend, our Tivo in the den went "belly-up". There are better geek words to describe what's wrong - a hard disc, which has to be replaced.

Jeff brought down the Tivo we have in the bedroom (and, yes to be clear, we do have two Tivos (doesn't everybody)? Now, you all know that I don't like watching television, I love watching television. When Jeff is in his office, that gives me time to watch shows on the Food Network. And, because it's fall, there are a number of food shows centered around, what else - pumpkins. What people can carve out of a lowly pumpkin is nothing short of amazing.

Today was my Zoom appointment with my psychiatrist. I always feel like that there is so much to talk about, and the hour goes by very quickly. It's a bit easier, if I write down things that I want to talk about. Whether those things are good or not so good.

Our air conditioners are turned off. This means that we open "x" numbers of windows. The one in our bedroom, is open only an inch or two. But, our girl Bella, lays at the foot of the bed. Jeff and I can be deep asleep, and then Bella starts up. I understand she's trying to protect us, but the barking wakes both of us. 

What we don't know about Bella, is what she would do, if someone broke into the house. But, if they come through the basement door, and they don't have any light, they likely will break a leg on something that they can't or didn't see. And, this is when Bella can really do her thing. Bella has a big bark, and she's not a small dog by any means. 

Personal training tonight, and possibly a run to the usual stores. We're not going to starve, if we don't go, but we are running low (not out), on certain things that we buy every weekend.

I'm going to try today, to do 7 loops around the circle, oh and perhaps more importantly, that I don't have to sit down between loops! Baby steps I know, but I have to start somewhere.

While I have a new sassy rollator, which is really on the small size. But, you can press the sides of the rollator as you go through doors. We tried it out when Stacey and I went shopping. Benjamin, pushed me around, and this little rollator, moves around with very little effort, which means you can really gather up some speed!

I recognize that I didn't have much to blog about today. I'll give it a "think" (idea) for tomorrow's blog.

Stay safe.

P

 

 


 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...