Wednesday, October 14, 2020

It's Wednesday

10/14/2020

Well, boys and girls, since retiring, every day is much like the next one. What sets Wednesday's apart, is today is recycling day. I know, hold back your enthusiasm.

I'm afraid that Amazon is wild with enthusiasm, and selecting Prime Deals again today. Yesterday, because I have so much down time, I did go and check what deals I could find. At the moment, and including this morning, I think Jeff's credit card is not in danger. Of course, all of that could change today. Well, you never know, what I will find today.

You know what I miss about shopping in a brick and mortar store? Touching the clothes. Once upon a time, it was so much fun. Pushing clothes aside, until you find that one piece (or two) of clothing that is literally calling your name. 

Perhaps, because I'm a women, and some of my women who read my blog, will likely feel this way too. I get a high, of some sort, while poking around the store. Do I need this or that? Likely the answer is no. But, the devil on my shoulder, is rather insistent that, what the heck, it's okay to buy something. Actually, I think there is some kind of "women code" that means your must buy something, anything.

It's sunny out today, and the high temperature is around 73! Still, my internal thermostat, pretty much any time of the day, can and does go wonkers (sp).

In the late spring, I believe that the a/c should be put on. For many reasons, but one of those reasons, I don't like to stick to leather! Okay, by now, the a/c units are turned off.

There will be, because it happens every year, that Jeff and I, discuss about when to turn the heat on. O think it's time. Jeff does not.Jeff is still running around in shorts. Me? Sweatshirts and sweaters is now my go to wardrobe.

I've thought about getting one of those vacuum bags, notice didn't not say bag, I meant several. I would like to "shrink" down the beach towels, that we haven't used in several years. Some seasonal clothes. A gal, has to keep some seasonal clothing, in case we have a heat wave that blows through the east! 

For several months, I have thought that it was probably okay to take the snow shovels to the basement. But, as the year marches on, and much like a good scout, we should always be prepared. This far out, I read that we're going to have another light winter, as far as snow goes. 

If that becomes a reality, then Scott will be disappointed. Every since he was a teenager, he always wanted "foots of snow! Now, having to commute to work, which is up on a mountain (I think), his love of snow might diminish!

I still remember one winter, that the boys wanted to see how bad the streets were. Problem was, that right at the bottom of our street, they bottomed out. Sitting where they were, meant that none of our neighbors could up or down the street, and a snow plow definitely couldn't come up the street. This earned the boys

Jeff and a neighbor, armed with shovels, managed to get the boys out of trouble. At that point, they decided, and wisely so, that they should get the truck turned around and get back to the house. No harm done. Just being teenagers, are sure that they won't get into real trouble. And, as far as Scott and Andrew were concerned, while, I won't let you imagine that Scott and Andrew, were white as snow. They had their moments. Coke and mentos, gives you a great deal of fun, at the time. But  after the "explosion", the bedroom carpet was a mess! Good news, they never did that experiment again - at least not in the house!

I may have mentioned yesterday, that I had run out of certain yarn colors. This, item I'm working on, will be part of somebody's Christmas present.

I, believe I did all the right things. I notified the company, and told them that I didn't have enough yarn to complete my project. After going back and forth, they told me that the only way I could get replacement yarn, was to buy the same kit again! I didn't appreciate their answer, but ended up buying a new kit! I did, talk to Amazon, about my conversation with the seller, and they gave me a credit for my account. I guess that's better than a poke in my eye.

I have several more kits to work on, from this same company. It's easy to buy replacement yarn, in colors that almost match the original ones. I have been able to find a site where they sell individual colors. On that site, I have found similar colors that I can use. Besides, the person in question, will understand that if Mom Mom made it, it won't be perfect! That's the beauty of giving a gift, which I believe will be enjoyed, even though it's not perfectly finished! But, in my defense, and I know I need one, the gift was made with love. You can't beat that.

Please be safe everyone. I do wear a mask when we go shopping, but for the most part, remain in the house, where it's safe.

P






 

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...