Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Where Should I Begin?

 10/7/2020

We can start with how sunny it is outside. But, since I'm inside, blogging, I can only watch through the window. But, doing my loops around the circle, with this kind of weather, will be pleasurable!

During breakfast, I watched my one loop of news. If you, or perhaps it's just me, watch too much news, your head will simply explode! 

After I watch the news, Daisy and I sit back and relax. Since it's getting close to Halloween, there are any number of baking, sculpting, etc., shows on television. And, I love them all. As a non-artistic person, it boggles my mind (and okay it doesn't take much) what these people can do with a pumpkin. When the boys were home, the only "carving" we did with our pumpkin, was to cut out the eyes, nose and mouth. Pretty basic stuff.

Since the virus is still going strong, I doubt that there will be few, or no children, out trick 'n treating. And, of course, they did step on the porch, Bella would announce herself. Her bark alone, has moved some people off the porch. She certainly defends her people and our property.

I found this happy news this morning. This gentleman, offers free conversation with people. What a cool idea. This is a  wonderful thing he's doing, particularly since we're all living in our own world. A world, that should be filled with conversation. Let me amend that, a world where a conversation with someone outside your world would be wonderful. My only negative comment, if one was needed, is that the person shown in the picture, should be wearing a mask! 

 Good news - free conversations in Barcelona, Spain

There is a debate tonight. So, set your clocks, get your jammies (sp) on before the debate begins. I'm sure, or at least hope, that this debate doesn't become ugly like the last one. But, even if it did, I'd still watch. It's like going past a vehicle accident. I, and likely all of you too, have to look over, even casually, to visually determine what caused the accident. Doing this is a bit on the ghoulish side.

Our calendar is a little light this week. Personal training this afternoon, and then the remainder of the week, will be quiet. When I think about it, most of our days are quiet. This is a good thing, at least for me, because if there's too much going on, then my anxiety level increases. I'm sure that if we lived on a big piece of land, it would have a calming affect on my nerves (i.e., sanity). And, on that large piece of land, the girls could bark until they become hoarse, and nobody would complain. But, the older Jeff and I are, we will never do this, because somebody would be needed to work outside. And, we'll stay in this house, until ..... (well,you get the picture I'm sure).

I don't know about your neighborhood, but the potential of complaints to the HOA, is a real thing. And, coming from California, so many years ago, we are still having a bit of trouble while living so close to our neighbors. This is why when the dogs start barking, and it's usually Daisy, I am on them like a drill sergeant. When we're going to be away for a whole day, and Daisy will be alone, I always give a heads up to our next door neighbor. I think that it's my responsibility, and courtesy, to let them know that Daisy will be alone for "x" number of hours.

I'm just about finished with my first "hooking" project. It's a tiny rug for Benjamin, with what else, a Bassett Hound. Once it's finished, then I will start on another hooking project! I have lots to do before Christmas. Wish me luck.

And, as usual, please be safe, when you're going outside.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...