Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Amazon!

 10/13/2020

Today and tomorrow, are Amazon's Prime Day Deals. When you look through what's for sale, and at a reduced price, you have to make a decision whether you need (doubtful) or just plain want this or that product.

Amazon has become the go to place to shop and/or buy this or that. Amazon, wait for it, takes in per week $4.5 billion dollars each week! That amount is staggering in the big picture.

Amazon makes it super duper easy to shop, and more often than not, buy. You can shop 24/7, fully clothed or in pajamas. I hate to think about what else shoppers might be wearing! 

I, along with many others, and perhaps even you, bless our stars for this site, which ultimately makes it too easy to shop and buy.

You have gone on Amazon, and you are searching for an "x" product. The search turns up several companies who are selling the "x" item.

And, if you have the one click option to purchase things, you can get yourself in a lot of trouble, as well as adding to the growing number on your credit card!

Jeff and I have found a solution to things that I want to buy. I keep a list on things I would like to buy on Amazon. Jeff checks my list and buys thing that are on my list of wants.

Okay, sometimes, Jeff and I disagree on the things that are on my list. Then, we discuss.

I am also using Amazon's Prime Wardrobe. You select up to 7 things to buy (clothes mostly), and you return only what you're not going to buy. For me, this way I can try out a new size (smaller, to be exact) of clothing, and then decide, if everything fits, what items to return. You are not charged for this service, until you buy something. You get 7 days to try on each item. If, one or more pieces of clothes happened to not fit, Amazon gives you a return label. I have done this several times, and unluckily for Jeff, found almost every item that fit. 

I do a bit of soul searching, when I ask for the items of clothing to try. I look in the mirror, to check me out (and people I really don't like doing this), and if, let's say, everything fits, then I have to look at the price of each item. I prefer shopping this way, because it's much easier to have these clothes delivered to you. The other alternative, which I don't like, is to buy clothing at a store. You get home (because fitting rooms are closed), and try on this new piece of clothing. At least, for me, generally nothing that I buy in a real store, fits. It's too big, too small, looks stupid when I get home. 

Since I've been making a real effort, since last November, it's hard for me to buy the right size of clothing. And, you know it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer! Here's what I do know. That it's super fun and exciting to fit into a smaller size. 

Over the last couple of days, the pants I was wearing, fell to the ground. Message? They are too big. What a problem to have. The clothes that no longer fit, I put in a spare room for donating later. 

If you have the notion to go to Amazon today and/or tomorrow, there are deals to be had.

Happy shopping. Here's a peek of what one part of an Amazon warehouse looks like. Personally, I would love to tour a warehouse facility. In my mind, I can't imagine how, most of the time, packages are sent to the right person.



P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...