Thursday, October 22, 2020

Yesterday's Blog

 10/22/2020

First, and foremost, I have to apologize for having no blog yesterday. I actually did blog, and it was a long one. Turned around in my chair, hit the wrong button, and well you all know what happened - deleted the whole thing!

To be sure, when this happens I become really frustrated. I was blogging about the World Series, but I called it Superbowl, and this is wrong. Jeff pointed this out to me, after I had published my blog. It was just easier for me, to delete the blog in it's entirety. Of course, the people who were "robbed" of my writing "wit", didn't have anything to read. And, on my part, that's unacceptable.

I do remember that the World Series, is the highest honor for the team that wins. Since we lived in California for so many years, it goes without saying, that Jeff and I are rooting for the LA Dodgers. When we lived in California, we actually went to a few games. Watching the game on television, denies you the cheers of the crowd. And, hot dogs sizzling, just waiting for you.

Obviously, if one of the local teams were to win the World Series, then we would, of course, root for them. But, as Jeff says, we really don't have any skin in the games that are being played. But, if you're having trouble falling asleep, at a certain point during the game, you might or, in my case do, drift off.

Regardless of who's playing, Jeff and I will watch the games, till the end. Just wish it was a local team, but we can want all day, but that isn't going to make it so.

On average, players earn around 563 million a year. However, do they manage to live on such a minimal amount?

Alex Rodriguez is the highest-paid baseball player of all time, with more than $450 million in earnings. In all, 42 players have already made more than $150 million. And, folks, I imagine that is chump change for them! And, as an afterthought, Alex is Jolo's partner. Do they have separate bank accounts? Hmm, I'm not sure. Pure specification on my part.

But, for this evening's entertainment, it's the last of the Presidential Debates. The first debate, which started off being rated a "g", quickly turned into a "shit show" (sorry for the language), but it's the only word that actually makes sense, at least to me.

Happy almost Friday, day. One of my masks is black. If I can find the right paint, I might do some "decorating", and this is scary, because my talents only go so far. (insert happy emjoi here).


Closing now, before I magically happen to delete this blog.

 P

Dodgers to host 2020 All-Star Game | by Rowan Kavner | Dodger Insider


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...