Saturday, August 18, 2012

Blog

8/18/2012

Blog

If you're reading this then you're reading a blog - mine as opposed to someone else's.  And thanks for that.  Curious I went out to the Internet which as turned into the know all and see all Wizard of our time. Old encyclopedias (that weighed a ton) are now selling for pennies in junk shops or are being used to fuel a fire in the winter time.

I turned to Wikipedia and he coughed up 18 (can you believe it) pages about blogs.  Who knew there was so much to say about blogging.  Simply stated, Wiki says "discussion or information site consisting of discrete entries (posts) displayed in reverse chronological order."  Concise, to the point and expertly defines a blog.

There are 156 million public blogs in existence which creates tremendous odds against your own (or mine) personal blog going viral.  I know that for the followers of my blog it was my initial reach out to some friends and then word of mouth and I thank you for that.  Wiki does suggest that there should be a Blogger's Code of Conduct with the number one suggestion to take responsibility for what you write.  That makes good sense to me but perhaps other folks need reminding.

The only person(s) who I throw under the bus on a regular basis if Jeff or myself.  Jeff is used to this for he's bee my "fall guy" for 37 years and knows that my writing is all in fun.  I don't want my blog to be mean or hurtful and I'm proud that I've accomplished that.

I know that most blogs are about a specific subject, i.e., knitting for instance.  Whereas, my blog is all over the place - it's just a place where I put down random bits of writing every day.  Writing that hopefully people enjoy reading at least most of the time.  I know that I'm not an expert on any one thing and consider myself more of a jack-of-all-trades person.

I keep by my computer an ever evolving list of possible future blogs.  While it may look easy it sometimes is actually quite difficult to come up with something fresh every day.  So when some niggle hits my brain, I jot it down before I forget.  The other important piece of this is to cross it off the list when you've written about it!  Otherwise, you might be doing a "rerun" blog and you know how we all feel about reruns.  They used to be the ban of our television watching during the summer of our youth. 

Quote of the day: Your blog is your unedited version of yourself by Lorelle.

Happy Saturday.  P

2 comments:

  1. ... as long as you keep writing these, folks will read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Sorry I missed writing on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...