Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wishing

8/22/2012

Wishing

Do you wish?  You know like wish you were somewhere else? Somebody else?  Well I do and I do it often.

Like today, the chore upon waking this morning (remember at 5:00 - no coffee in the system yet) was to prepare a termination letter for one of our drivers who malfunctioned this week in a big way.  So nothing like starting the day writing about negatives.  Not very zen like at all.

Each Monday I wish it were Friday afternoon and the weekend was starting.  Then on Sunday I wish it was a three day weekend so that I had Monday off.  Of course if it was a three day weekend, then when I got to work on Tuesday I would still be wishing that it was Friday!

I wish I was taller, thinner, richer (just a bit I don't want to be greedy).  I wish I didn't have to work full time anymore and yet I know if I spent more time at home I'd be wishing that I could be at work with my friends!  I know, I know - some people are just never happy.

I wish I was just days away from a vacation to anywhere.  And when I do go on a great vacation I wish that the fun didn't have to stop (and it does) and that I didn't have to return to my "normal" life (and I do).

I know this all sounds like sour grapes this morning but if we're honest with ourselves, then I know all of us do this to some degree.  Look how honest I've been this morning.

What are you wishing for?

We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...