Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Personalized License Plates

11/14/2012

Personalized License Plates

I have personalized plates on my car "CUZILU" which means 'cuz I love you.  Trouble is when I first ordered them several years ago I was so excited about having a special plate that I forgot to put in the space between the z and the i.  Now I suppose most drivers think that I'm simply cousin Lou.

Yesterday morning I was behind a car with what I think of as a scary plate "H8 2DR".  I'm not overly fond of driving either but I'm sure as heck not going to announce it to everybody in the DC area.  What a thing to broadcast about yourself.  I was really glad when H8 2DR moved over into the fast lane to not go the speed limit!

If you came across "Bimbo" on a license plate you might want to avoid following too close but on the other hand you would have to applaud anybody who would say that about themselves.  

There are plates that belong to professionals such as doctors.  Example: "4 Feet" might be a good one for a podiatrist.  A lawyer could have something like "I Sue", "Sue 4U" or my personal favorite "Shark".  All of these plates would be very catchy and people would get the idea quickly.  

Obviously, there are the ball team plates of one kind or another which aren't very original and I think it would be awkward sporting some kind of Redskin plate down in Dallas for instance!

All our battery vans are personalized but nothing original.  Batvan 1 through whatever vehicle number we're up to now.  We have "BAT BOSS" for our son's truck and "BAT MGR" for the manager's truck.  If I wasn't so in love with my own plate I might consider "BATT MOM".  I think most people would assume I'm either (a) batty or (b) drive a baseball player around.

I thought up some plates this morning that I think would be fun to see on the back of a car.  Such as "All 4 ME", "MINE", "NADA 4ME" or "PAYOFF" which could stand for many things - divorce settlements or perhaps success (though my vote is for divorce).  I really like the nada one and it would give the car behind you a good chuckle.  I've seen "HIS" and I suppose in some garage is "HERS".  This is only cute if both cars are side-by-side - in my opinion.

When you are stuck with your foot on the brake during rush hour, look around and see if you can find an interesting plate to figure out.  If you're behind me give me a wave.  Don't honk - you'll scare me to death!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...