Saturday, November 3, 2012

Leafs and Benjamin

11/3/2012

Leafs and Benjamin

Today we are picking up leafs, which are not to be confused with leaves!  After the storm there are a zillion leafs in my yard and today was sucker picker upper day.  Jeff blew all the leafs into a pile which Benjamin destroyed time after time prolonging the chore!  Got such nice pictures of Benjamin playing in the leafs.  Once the leafs are in a pile and Benjamin is distracted, Jeff turns his blower into a vacuum hence the sucker picker upper part of the job.  My job?  When the bag is full I'm the empty the bag person, which is dirty and dusty.  So two large yard bags later the majority of the leafs are out of my yard and ready to be recycled next week.

When the three of us came inside, we all had rosy cheeks because it's cold and windy outside and the inside of the house is warm and snug.  So leaf picking up was our required outside chore for the weekend.  We will now resume our life as house sloths for the remainder of the weekend.  Perfect!

At one point Benjamin and I took a break and got on my porch swing and we started the process of learning to swing - legs out, legs back.  If that doesn't work you just ask Mom Mom to pump.  He was a little disappointed that my porch swing, designed for peaceful rocking, didn't go fast enough for him. We also threw balls back and forth and we tried to catch them in Pop Pop's cowboy hat.  I actually did once!  Most of the time they just rolled down the driveway and into the street but Benjamin was a willing chaser so I got off easy in the exercise department!

Time for lunch now.  I'm thinking grilled cheese and soup - yum.  I hope you're enjoying your Saturday like we are.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...