Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sleeping In

11/10/12

Sleeping In

All week long (working week that is) I follow the same routine - up at 5:00, coffee and toast, blog (while sitting in front of my SAD light to get my required 30 minutes of light), dress and get out of the house before 270 becomes a parking lot.  That routine never changes but each morning as I get up I long for Saturday and Sunday because I can sleep in - in theory.

Okay this is Saturday and what do you suppose happened at 5:00 this morning?  You guessed it - my eyes flew open at 5:00 as if it were any old day.  Darn it all.  At that point I have two choices: get up like normal and get my day started - or try and force those old eyeballs to shut.  Sometimes I win the battle and actually get another hour or so of sleep, such as I did today.  Other times no amount of relaxing will allow me to go back to sleep.  

There was a time when I could sleep the day away but it was a long time ago.  They say that we oldsters sleep less and that seems to be so.  I suffer from bouts of insomnia from time to time so if I can stay in bed until 5:00 in the morning it's been a good night.

Regardless of what time I wake up, I do recognize my self-imposed obligation to get my blog written first thing.  So whether it's 5:00 like most days or 7:30, you'll find me with coffee and toast sitting in front of the computer hoping that my brain is active and inspired.

Have a great Saturday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...